I think from Victoria's initial post that the on-line course is even
worse than just an expensive bad idea. If I understood her correctly,
OCAD is contemplating a "bought" package, that is some pre-packaged
course from outside the context of the school. Perhaps those of you who
know more about learning contexts and their relevance to student
performance would be better qualified to react to that point, but I know
in her initial point, that sense of an "outside" course struck me as
being another spike in the coffin of an already bad idea.

Victoria, You might mention to your powers that among the choruses of
Nay-sayers are folks like Amanda and me who actually do like technology
for teaching, where it is appropriate.

regards,

Rob Irish

Dr. Robert Irish, Director