Dear Sally-Beth,
Sorry for this reply direct (cf Touchstone). I can't at present check with
my librarian at Reading because I'm still in the USA, but I can vouch for
her views, I think.

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Sally-Beth MacLean wrote:

>                            NOTICE TO OUR USERS
>

> The University of Toronto Press has put together a questionnaire about
> possible CD-ROM publication of the REED Kent: Diocese of Canterbury
> collection, now in final production at the Toronto office.  We have added a
> few questions of our own at the end of the list as we explore eventual
> publication of the REED series on the web.  We would be very grateful to
> have responses from any of you willing to take the time to fill out the form
> below.  Please return it by e-mail to Sally-Beth MacLean
> ([log in to unmask]) after consulting with your librarian.
>
> Many thanks for your help!
>

>                             Questionnaire
>

> 1. Do you currently purchase volumes of Records of Early English Drama for
> personal use?

YES.

> 2. Do you request that your university library purchase REED volumes?

YES.

> 3. What do you find most useful about the REED volumes?

Evidence of Elizabethan-Jacobean companies travelling.

> 4. The Kent:Diocese of Canterbury 2 or 3 volume set forthcoming next year is
> an extraordinarily large collection and will be an expensive publication. To
> help us determine the best format in which to publish Kent, please indicate
> below which format you would most likely buy or suggest to your library.
>
>     Book form (3 volumes)                            Approx $US500.
>
>     Introduction and apparatus in book
>               form with CD-ROM of actual records
>               appended                               Approx $US275.
>
>     Entire collection on CD-ROM only                 Approx $US275.

The third would attract us most. It has the attraction of electronic
search facilities, I hope, besides the economy.

Andrew Gurr, University of Reading.