Thanks for your thoughtful response, Lloyd.  I'm not optimistic that the
Press will go for Cliff's suggestion, however.  The best we can do (in my
opinion) is pursue alternative electronic formats that would be less
expensive and that lie within REED's control, as we own the rights.  UTP
will continue to publish the books as they always have, but they set the
prices.  My own concern is that the electronic format we choose be the best
for our users and CD-ROMs as you have noted, can be inadequate for the task.
I'm pursuing the web alternative for full searchability but that will take
some time to pull off effectively.