Thanks, Cliff!  Like you, I wish there was a way to produce less expensive
books.  I'm shocked by our prices, but we don't set the price level, the U
of T Press does and it is beyond our control.  That's one reason why I've
raised the electronic option and I do think that the CD-ROM format is likely
a limited (very!) solution.  My own real interest is in pursuing the
web-based, fully searchable alternative but that will take time to manage
effectively.  Our users' responses are proving very helpful in the process
of sorting out how best to proceed.  All best, Sally-Beth