At 06:01 2001/05/01 -0400, William A. Parrette wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>        On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, the digest contained:

>> Date:    Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:45:56 +0100
>> From:    dick pearce <chris&[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: REQUIP AND SELEGILINE
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience of the combination of Selegiline with
>> Requip? It has been suggested that I start taking Selegiline for rigidity
>> and neuroprotection but I am a bit reluctant to stop Requip. (I,m on 1
>> mg/3x/day).
>
>        I  may be wrong here (and that wouldn't surprise me :-) ), but
>     I was under the impression that Selegiline's purpose was to  slow
>     the  demise  of  the dopamine cells -- to slow the progression of
>     the disease.

i believe that selegiline is also effective symptomatically
-- it is with me --
some newbies are started on it as their sole pd medication

janet
selegilinicated since 1988

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .