Hi all,

        On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, the digest contained:

> Date:    Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:45:56 +0100
> From:    dick pearce <chris&[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: REQUIP AND SELEGILINE
>
> Does anyone have any experience of the combination of Selegiline with
> Requip? It has been suggested that I start taking Selegiline for rigidity
> and neuroprotection but I am a bit reluctant to stop Requip. (I,m on 1
> mg/3x/day).

        I  may be wrong here (and that wouldn't surprise me :-) ), but
     I was under the impression that Selegiline's purpose was to  slow
     the  demise  of  the dopamine cells -- to slow the progression of
     the disease.

        I  was also under the impression that Benztropine was the drug
     used to improve rigidity.

        I take both right along with Requip:

                   Carbidopa/Levodopa CR 50/200 4 times a day
                   Amantadine 100mg 4 times a day
                   Ropinirole (Requip) 1 mg 3 times a day
                   Selegiline 5 mg 2 times a day
                   Benztropine 0.5 mg 3 times a day

        As  far as I know, I have had no adverse affects from the com-
     bination of Requip and Selegiline.  The only problem I  have  had
     with Selegiline was during a recent hospital stay where the staff
     nutritionist wouldn't let me eat certain foods because  the  drug
     was an MAO-inhibitor.

        But that's just me and, as you know, all "parkies" are differ-
     ent.

        FWIW, my $0.02 for the day, YMMV.  TAFN ...

Bill--
  ...who asks if a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?

.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....+------------------+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............| (42?)            |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|    \   |||||     |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........|       ( o o )    |