                         Travels With Parkinson's:
                               PARKYTHON 2001
                                  The Song
              "The Stronger The Wind (The Tougher The Trees)"

                                 [Image]

                      We are thrilled to announce that
                                Herbie Russ
              will perform a free concert in Hudson, Michigan
                                    for
                               PARKYTHON 2001
                            on Saturday May 5th

         Herbie Russ is a talented jazz musician and vocalist from
                             Jackson, Michigan
       who is the lead entertainer for the Marriot Hotel in Pontiac,
                                 Michigan.
        He also performs at the Hyatt Regency in Dearborn and other
                          locations in the state.

     His connection with Parkinson's is through the song "The Stronger
                                 The Wind"
                    which was written by Richard Newton
                 whose brother Jim Newton has Parkinson's.

          "The Stronger The Wind" is the intro song on the weekly
                              talk-radio show
           Travels With Parkinson's - Talk Radio With a Purpose

               The Stronger the Wind (The Tougher the Trees)
                              Words and music
                                     by
                               Richard Newton
                               Vocals and Sax
                                     by
                                Herbie Russ

                                 Verse one:

                 I wake up each day, with hope in my heart
                    Someone will help with the answers.
                    The problems of life, I will endure,
                     But you are the hope for the cure.

                                 Verse two:

                   Stretching my arms, holding my dreams
                       That's how each morning begins
               I'm fighting the fight and the battles within
                         I know we're going to win

                                  Bridge:

                       We're standing strong together
                           Helping us feel as one
                       We'll face the stormy weather
                          Until the job gets done

                                Verse Three:

                   Living our dreams helps get us through
                       Knowing we're not by ourselves
                The stronger the wind, the tougher the tree
                         But we will need your help

                               Bridge: Repeat

                       We're standing strong together
                           Helping us feel as one
                       We'll face the stormy weather
                          Until the job gets done

                                  Refrain:

                The stronger the wind, the tougher the tree
                     That's what we sing to get through
                The stronger the wind, the tougher the tree
                         But we need help from you

                                  Repeat:

                                  Repeat:

                                   Voice:

                        Please, can we count on you?

       Another version of this song (with children's voices) has been
                                 donated to
                        The Sturge-Weber Foundation
            This is how they describe his CD "Story of My Life":
      The beautiful music of Herbie Russ CD - featuring "The Stronger
                                 The Wind"
         The Sturge-Weber Foundation enthusiastically presents the
                     magnificent music of Herbie Russ.
      We believe you will find Herbie's unique blend of saxophone and
                                vocal music
                 to be a masterwork of listening pleasure.
      We are very grateful that he has agreed to share his talent with
                                    us.
                     This CD takes the form of a story.
     It is about childhood, immaturity, difficulty, maturity, rebirth,
                                    love
                           and finally happiness.
                            It's Herbie's story
                             but more important
                     it just might be your story, too.
         We believe you will find Herbie's music both beautiful and
                                  rhythmic
                 with melodies that will draw you to listen
                            over and over again.

      Updated:                     Back to
     2001/05/05               | PARKYTHON 2001 |

PARKYTHON 2001: The Song: "The Stronger The Wind"
http://www.geocities.com/chycasavant/song/russ.html

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .