At 06:05 2001/05/01 -0700, Carole Hercun wrote:
>Yowzer and yipee, jp! Yes. I am still here. I have been
>lurking while I finished writing my book. That is the
>amazing thing. I FINISHED my first novel, something I
>wanted to do all my life. 83,000 words. With PD. At the age
>of 54. Typing with 2 fingers. (Of course, I couldn't type
>before I got PD, either.) I have come to agreee with you
>that when one window of opportunity closes, another opens.
>I don't want to sound too Pollyanna this morning, BUT, if I
>hadn't gotten Parkinson's, I would not have become computer
>literate as a means of accessing medical information. Which
>means, I would never have joined the List. Which means I
>would never have witnessed the accomplishments of my fellow
>PWP's. Which means, well, you get the picture. PD has made
>me tougher and braver. It has been the difference between
>sticking one toe in to test the waters  and just plunging
>in. Now, I only hope the water is not too cold...
>                Another Perky Parky,
>                Carole Hercun
>                54/51/?36

hey perky parky herky

yowsa and yippee indeedeedoody!
i'm impressed all to heck!
what is the name of your book?
when can i buy a copy?

everything is given to us
so-called good and so-called bad
it is our choice and our free will
which determines our mode of dealing with it all

janet
who's signing up for employment planning and suppport with ODSP
i wanna be a web site developer when i grow up

janet paterson, an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky
PD: 54/41/37 CD: 54/44/43 TEL: 613 256 8340 EMAIL: [log in to unmask]
"a new voice" home page: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/     .