Hi all,

        On Mon, 30 Apr 2001, the digest contained:

> Date:    Mon, 30 Apr 2001 15:38:23 -0400
> From:    Beryl Pine <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Perspective !
>
> Rob
> I would love to read your messsage but it runs on way past my right hand
> margin. Why is this - somehing to do with wrap-around?
> Beryl

        This  is  a common 'Net-ism of folks who are relatively new to
     the 'Net.  The problem is that these folks tend  to  treat  their
     mailer  as  if  it  were a common word processor.  That is to say
     that they depend on the word-wrap capability  that  *their*  mail
     software has assuming that everybody else uses the same software.

        Then  there are those other folks (like me :-) ) who don't use
     these new-fangled mailers and actually prefer the other types  of
     mailers that don't have a word-wrap capability.  For us, the mes-
     sages from the others looks like "it runs on way  past  my  right
     hand margin."  What prevents this problem, of course, is to press
     the carriage return at the end of a line like we had to  do  with
     the old typewriters.

        Mail software is not the same as word processing software.  (I
     had an opinion I was going to present here.  But, I'll  just  an-
     swer  the  question.   That way, I'll keep this note shorter than
     one of my more typical e--mail-novels. :-) ) Press the return  or
     enter key once in a while.  That way, more people will be able to
     read it successfully.

Bill--
  ...who heard that armadillo means to provide weapons to a Spanish pickle.

.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....+- //\ -(42?)- /\\ +
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............| || * \ . . / * |||
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........|  \\____\X/____// |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........|   / *  /O\  * \  |