Maryse,

The answer is that Comtan inhibits an enzyme in the brain, not the
digestive system. The enzyme breaks down the dopamine after it is
released into the synaptic cleft between neurons. Comtan inhibits this
enzyme and effectively extends the effect of the available dopamine.

Phil Gesotti 51/ dx 46

>Why should you take Comtan if you don't take Ldopa per os? I thought
Comtan