I'm happy to be joining this group.  I'm a 65 yr old  female retired high
school history teacher who beat ovarian cancer at age 43.  I thought I was
home free!   What a shock at age 60 to learn  I had the same disease that
killed my grandfather.

The Parkie meds don't work for me.  I "liked" Sinemet, but after a year it
made the dystonia in my feet so bad I couldn't walk, so I stopped and am
slugging it out without any meds.

For past two and-a-half yrs I have walked/danced a mile a day on my treadmill
to 1920's music and Sousa marches.  I built an exercise/therapy pool in my
back yard (it's like a gigantic spa) with exercise bar and swim jet.  I
swim/exercise almost every day rain or shine.  Early on the benefits were
great, but my PD is getting worse, but I"m still doing it.

My question is anyone else out there using exercise?  I hope it will keep my
osteoporosis from progressing too (it already has with Evista).

Hope to hear from you and your stories.  Good to not be alone anymore.

Ray at  [log in to unmask]