Great timing.  Margie!  Just this past Friday I contacted the South West
Regional Center for "Canine Companions in  Carlsbad, California (I happen to
live in L.A. and while it IS doable for me, I'd sure rather have a local
facility offering canine helpers classes in L.A. I''m also  becoming
desperate because I fear falling.so much

Also  there's the not insignificant cost of having a live-in pet sitter for
Scooter and Buzzy at approximately $20 per day - and one has to live on
campus for the entire three week!s od class-time.

Still, I' m a balance accident just waiting to happen as I've already had
several nasty falls ,  No broken limbs yet but that becomes  get less and
less in my favor with each passing day .take the Amtrak right gown the coast
to Carlsbad (Carlsbad  is down the coast from me and passing day, and the
local depot is reasonably close to my home..

Barb Mallut