Chuck,

Our cases are similar (symptoms and length of time with PD) and my
degeneration has been faster than average but not as fast as yours.  Stopping
work should help.  I did last year.  Although I miss it, I no longer have to
increase my dosage every time I see my neuro, and my off periods are less
frequent and lengthy.

Also, I have applied for the GM1 ganglioside clinical trial in Philadelphia.
GM1 is one of the experimental drugs which may halt or even reverse the
degeneration of the brain's substantia nigra (rather than just treat the
symptoms).  The clinical trial is in Phase 2, and they are currently
recruiting participants.  The only other drug like this that I know of which
is currently in clinical trial is the one owned by Amgen and Guilford
Pharmaceuticals.  They are finishing with Phase 2 of the clinical trial and
plan to recruit for Phase 3 later this year (as of a few weeks ago when I
last checked).  Let me know if you're interested, and I'll send you more
info. on the clinical trials.

Good luck!

Rees Jenkins
41 onset / 42 dx / 45 now