I recently received a copy of Parknson's Disease CD ROM and Self Care
Manual, published by the British National Health Service Executive, the
September Foundation (a Dutch non-profit organisation specializing in
patient information) and the Parkinson's Disease Society of the United
Kingdom.  6000 manuals  and 5,000 CD-ROMS have or are being distributed
*free* through various agencies in the UK. To all list members in the
UK, I say, run, don't walk, (figuratively speaking) to get a copy.  The
manual is one of the most comprehensive, easy to read and visually
attractive I have seen.  Its 295 pages (made of a heavy, plasic-like
material, hard to tear and no problem if it gets wet) are divided into
sections such as  - medical information, psychological information,
practical advice on daily living  and others. It is also virtually
jargon free
One item the CARE list folks might find interesting - Under the Carers
(Recognition and Services) Act 1995, a carer (caregiver) can ask to be
assesssed separately for his/her own special needs. This includes
potential carers, if they beleive they may be involved in the provision
of care in the near future.  Is this service available in the US?
The CD is also very attractive visually and complements the manual with
true life videos etc.
I guess you can all tell that I think this a marvellous initiative of
all involved in its production. I just wish it could be made available
(with appropriate amendments) to all PLP's
Be well, Sylvia