Chuck,

I should have told you in my last message -- I'm taking generic Sinemet CR
25/100 four times a day; PERMAX, 2 mg three times a day; Amantadine, 100 mg
three times a day; and Eldepryl, 5 mg once a day.  The Permax is what my
neuros have been increasing to keep up with my symptoms, and it has worked
fairly well.  Both of my neuros (one local; the other at Duke Univ.) recently
recommended Comatan (sp?) because I'm already showing signs of the Sinemet
wearing off.  I'm holding off on it so I can be in the clinical trial (you
can't have a change in you meds. for at least three months prior).  I'm not a
doctor, but it seems like your choice would be (1) finding a neuro who will
prescribe Permax and holding off on the drug trial (which may take a long
time because you will probably have to build up gradually to the level of
Permax that you need) or (2) going with the drug trial but having the Permax
prescription ready to go after you've been on the trial for six months (when
they let you change your meds).

Hope this helps.

Rees Jenkins