----- Original Message -----
From: Chuck Sarley
To:)
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 01, 2001 2:34 PM
Subject: Parkinsons? Long

Hi all ;
It is now about 4 years since I was diagnosed with PD. I was advised at that time that it would be a slow and progressive problem.

Well here we are 4 years later and the problem has been  anything but slow and progressive. I have gone from working full time to not being able to work at all. I started with a mild  tremor witch is about the same. My fine motor skills in my hands has greatly diminished to where it is a real chore to type this posting.

My walking and balance are almost  gone to the point of having to use a walker at  times. I leave the house only by vehicle as I am unable to walk any distance. Going from the house to the mail box is about all I can handle. It has also become a problem to sit erect at times,

I saw my Neuro last week and was advised to start to reduce and eliminate my meds one at a time. Come back in 4 months and tell me how it went. I am on Sinemet 50/200 four times a day, Comtan 200 with the sinemet, Mirapex 25 three times a day. I was on dostenex for some time but could not afford the $230.00 for 8 tablets. He advised to start with the Mirapex then the Comtan and see how it goes. This Neuro is supposed to be the top PD Neuro in the area.

I am at a los ass to what to do or where to turn for help. Does
PD progress at this raapid a rate at times?  Has any one had this type of problem and how have you dealt with it. I am starting to apply for SS disability and for my private disability. I will finish with my working and accrued benefits in June.

Sorry for the length of this posting

Chuck Sarley