Interesting thread regarding how we came to have this disease. My attitude
has always been, Who cares? I have it, now I deal with it. But if enough
commonalities are found among a large community of PWPs, the results may
actually have sort-of scientific value. Of course, we all know the world
(i.e., environment) is full of nasty stuff that we breathe, absorb, and
swallow, and that we all bump our heads and work at jobs that present daily
exposure to injury or chronic toxification. But to deduce that these
elements "cause" or are associated with Parkinson's disease is a tricky
step. Others with the same set of risk factors may get cancer, MS, or
rheumatoid arthritis. Others live healthy to age 95.
Rick
age 50, dx at 47