Camilla,
I wish you and Peter well on the adjustment to your new circumstances. I
know that for you it will be a balancing act between being a little patient
as the facility gets used to Peter's needs and pushing to be sure that they
realize what they are. (among other things)

I'm glad you are ahead on the protein issue. When my mother went into the
assisted living facility she had a decline in her functioning level. It
took me a couple of weeks to realize that they were giving her milk at
almost every meal and for at least two of the three snacks they were being
fed each day. An admirable attempt to provide hydration and calcium in the
diets of their clients proved a problem for a Parkinson's patient. After
looking at which of these were situated too close to a medication dose,
they have been happy to adjust some of her beverages to juices instead.
Best wishes for as smooth a transition as possible, and hang in there on
the tough days.

Susan cocg Elizabeth 61/71/81