Hi Joe,
Clinical Pharmacology states:
"Venlafaxine as well as other antidepressants should not be used
concurrently with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) such as
furazolidone, isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, procarbazine,
selegiline, or tranylcypromine. Concurrent use of venlafaxine with MAOIs
has been associated with rapid development of hyperthermia,
hypertension, myoclonus, rigidity, autonomic instability, and mental
status changes that can include coma and delirium. This resembles the
serotonin syndrome and is consistent with the ability of venlafaxine to
inhibit the reuptake of serotonin. The manufacturer warns that
venlafaxine should not be used in patients receiving MAOIs. An interval
of 14 days is recommended between cessation of an MAOI and initiation of
venlafaxine therapy. At least 7 days should be allowed between cessation
of venlafaxine therapy and the initiation of MAOI therapy."

I'd sure discuss it with your doctor; good for you to pursue this!
Best,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/