Camilla,
It's good to see that you have such a positive outlook on your situation.
Last summer, when Mother was in the hospital and then the nursing home for a
few weeks, it was veeerrrry quiet here at night.  Even though we really
didn't talk that much, there was somebody else here.  Your Peter sounds like
a truly remarkable and loving man.  I imagine it will be difficult for you at
first, after sharing everything for 58 years, but now you'll have new things
to share with him during your visits.
I know you've done this a lot longer than I have, and you know more than I do
what to tell his caregivers, but I'm going to ask this anyway.  Do the nurses
who administer Peter's meds understand not to give them to him with protein
drinks?  I had a real problem with that, and I know you've probably already
thought of it, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask and if you've done it, no
harm and if not, well---.  I actually had to stop one nurse from giving Mom
her Sinemet with the protein drink after I had discussed it with several of
the nurses who were caring for her.  I was surprised at how much they didn't
know about PD and the meds.  Mom wasn't even supposed to be getting the
drinks.
I hope Peter is happy where he is.  It sounds like a lovely place.  Best
wishes to you both.
Eleanor
PS  If I've overstepped, I apologize.  Good luck too you.