Dear Rayilyn,

> The Parkie meds don't work for me.  I "liked" Sinemet, but after a year it
> made the dystonia in my feet so bad I couldn't walk, so I stopped and am
> slugging it out without any meds.
> My question is anyone else out there using exercise?  I hope it will keep my
> osteoporosis from progressing too (it already has with Evista).

At the time of the dystonia, were you taking supplements of calcium and
magnesium, as well as vitamins D & K? All are necessary for bone
strength, however, calcium and magnesium deficiencies can greatly affect
dystonia. I have had several female clients with both osteoporosis and
crippling dystonia who found some relief from the dystonia when they
began taking calcium and magnesium supplements.

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/