As I read today's postings -- two stood out in sharp contrast in their
message and
vision for the future of everyone fighting with courage and hope against
terrible diseases.

The first was from CNS News:
>>Judge Intervenes In Stem Cell Research
By Christine Hall
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
May 10, 2001
(CNSNews.com) - In the latest skirmish over taxpayer funding
of human embryonic research, a U.S. District Court judge on
Wednesday stayed implementation of the National Institutes
of Health (NIH) guidelines for stem cell research until the Bush
administration finishes reviewing the Clinton-era rules that
provided tax dollars for such research...

Pro-life groups, who object to the use of human embryos for
scientific research, believe the intent of the law was subverted
by the Clinton administration guidelines. They are now looking
to the Bush administration to change the NIH guidelines so that
researchers who use stem cells from human embryos cannot get
federal dollars for their work...">>

The second was from Kees Paap announcing that he and Faye are expecting a
baby and that they donated the unused embryos from IVF for Parkinson's
research. He wrote : "...They are frozen and can be destroyed after a
certain period or you can decide to donate them to a research project. We
signed for them to go to Parkinson research.
Why did we do that?; Because we think that it is a waste to throw them
away if they can be of any help to find the cure for this awful disease.
If it is
not for me, then it is for the next generation. This research cannot be
stopped!!; It is too important for too many people.
... not just PD will be cured if the research will be funded. Diseases as
MS, Diabetes and Alzheimer's may find their way into history also."

I believe it is people like Kees and Faye who are truly "Pro-Life."
Congratulations and thanks to both of you,
Linda Herman
P.S.  Please read the information on stem cell research that Kees and
others have been posting and contact your Senators and Representatives to
support its funding.