hello list:

 I did not have a resting tremor, but, attention tremor
 has become a problem lately with  my right hand,
 which I use to write.

 Writing problems come and go with the medication.

 My left side  was first affected by PD, so I type one handed.
 Even though I am right handed, my left side may be dominant.

 But, as I look back, micrographia can be seen in my signature
 over the past 10 years. Every six months I see my dentist,
 and they have me sign a form. The form has multiple lines
 and at  each visit I signed another line.
 Gradually and insidiously, my signature has shrunk.

  It is so apparent on that form, that it indicates onset.

 Ray

ps --thanks for the tips
Jane Ross wrote:

> I've had a lot of experience with tremor and handwriting and even
> microraphia.  I've tried different types of pen and apparatus, but none
> helped much until I found that confusing the brain into THINKING.  If I write
> backwards or start at the bottom of a letter I can often confuse my brain
> into thinking about what I am doing.
>
> Also, use the whole table up to your elbow to brace your arm and press harder
> on the pen.  Hold the pen with your other hand to steady it.  Try these tips
> to see if they help.
>
> jjjane
>
> http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/ross/

                                 Ray Strand