Hi Margery,
    I have had PD since I was 25 yrs old and I am now 54 yrs old and I
drove until 4 yrs ago. No one told me that i had to give up driving, I
just thought it was safer for everybody. I still live alone in a
retirement and i take care of myself. I know that PD effect everyone
differently.I in a wheel chair all the time now, so i don't fall. Balance
has been my worst Problem frm the beginnng. In 1996 I had a pallidotomy
at IU  in Indianapolis which helped for a short  period of time.
                           Betty C. OF Goshen In