Dear Betty,

I wish you well tomorrow and hope  & pray that the operation will be
successful. However, I must make an observation about how those of you in
Nth America appear to accept surgery as the only solution. I had the most
evil frozen shoulder for many months; driving was v.uncomfortable - it was
my right side, and I couldn't turn my head to check the blindspot (I'm in
England) - and commuting -sitting or standing on rush hour metro's- the pain
at times almost brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't carry even light books
with my right hand; and stopped writing. At business meetings I relied upon
my memory and in the summing up directed documenting key points/actions to a
colleague, or if alone the client. No one noticed.

That was between late 94  thru to mid 96. The PD mainly effected my right
side and my arm did not swing as I walked. I concluded that some of the
shoulder, shoulder blade and back muscles were having acute cramps because
of  the immobility etc. It's quite a complex group of muscles, just take a
look at a chart. Therefore, I began to do simple exercises including
clenching my fist, streching my arms way above my head, legs apart turning
my upperbody to the left and right with arms parallel to the floor and head
forward, bending from hips and touching opposite foot - ALL DONE AFTER
SPRAYING ON MUSCLE HEAT SOLUTION OR RUBBING IN TIGER BALM.

In August 1997 I started something called the Alexander Technique - Posture,
Movement and Breathing - I have not had any further re-occurence! I'll send
you the AT url, if you wish.

My Father died when I was 15 and as a consequence I always challenge
Doctor's; something they don't like.

God be with you,
Marco