Congratulations Kees:

Double congratulations--

hopefully, in a few long months you will be a dad

and, for donating embryos for the cure

we theorize about embryo donation
but, hearing from someone who is actually doing it
and understanding your hopes and fears
makes it real.

What happens to the embryos, is a parental decision,
for whatever reasons, and should not be left to Authority.

Thanks Kees, for writing and helping me clarify my own views.

Ray

Kees Paap wrote:

> We are so happy!  After a year trying to get pregnant in the normal way, we
> started with the IUI method and 3 months ago with the IVF method. The IVF
> method is the In Vitro Fertilization. In normal language it means that the
> eggs of the woman are harvested and are fertilized with the seeds of the
> man. After that the embryo’s are implanted in the woman. Faye is pregnant!!
> We know that for some weeks now, but today we heard the heart beat of our baby.
>
> Before the IVF took place we had to sign papers in which, amongst other
> things, we indicated what to do with the unused embryo’s. They are frozen
> and can be destroyed after a certain period or you can decide to donate them
> to a research project. We signed for them to go to Parkinson research. Why
> did we do that?  Because we think that it is a waste to throw them away if
> they can be of any help to find the cure for this awful disease. If it is
> not for me, then it is for the next generation. This research cannot be
> stopped!!  It is too important for too many people.

                                 Ray Strand
                             Prairie Sky Design
 -----------------(   on  the Edge of the Prairie Abyss  )---------------
                          when  the  sky  is  clear