Friday, May 11, 2001
Reno honored for approach to Parkinson's disease

 PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Janet Reno has been honored by the American
Academy of Neurology for her "frank approach and dignity" in
dealing with Parkinson's disease.

The group gave the former U.S. attorney general a public leadership
award Tuesday.

Reno was diagnosed with the degenerative brain disorder in 1995.
She said she wanted to do everything she could to demonstrate that
the disease does not prevent people from serving their community or
their country and pursuing goals important to them.

"My hand shakes; otherwise I feel fine," Reno told reporters while
signing autographs. "Even if you have a disability, even if your hand
shakes, even if you have seizures, you can still try to be productive in
this world."

http://www.courttv.com/people/2001/0509/reno_ap.html

********