Date sent:              Sat, 12 May 2001 20:58:26 -0700
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Donald Diswinka <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: donperidone - only two answers?``
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> DOMPERIDONE
>
> "This is an anti-emetic drug which is particularly useful for treating
> nausea and vomiting caused by gastrointestinal disorders such as
> gastroenteritis, or from side effects of treatment by other drugs or
> with radiation therapy. But it is not an effective treatment for
> motion sickness or nausea caused by inner ear disorders such as
> MniSre's disease. Its main advantage over other anti-emetics is that
> it does not usually cause sedation or other adverse effects such as
> abnormal movements. However, it is not suitable for long-term
> treatment of gastrointestinal disorders in which alternative drug
> treatment is normally prescribed."

Interesting.  So it does exist.  Frankly, I was chuckling over thinking
that this was a joke.  Note the similarity to another "drug" which might
help one's moods at times:  Dom Perignon    :-)

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.rafink.com/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"