We are very pleased to announce that our online Shy-Drager/MSA
email support group has officially grown to 500 members!
Although we all wish this disorder did not exist we are always happy
that those who need support and information are able to find their
way to our online group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/shydrager
It's with this spirit of celebration that we wish to commemorate
our 500th member by asking for your help in raising funds to benefit
research or support for those affected by Shy-Drager/MSA.

It's estimated that there are 150,000 people with Shy-Drager/MSA
in the US alone and often many are misdiagnosed with Parkinson's
or other similar disorders. There is currently no long term treatment or
cure. Because the disease is so rare families often feel isolated and have
nowhere to turn for information or support.  For a good summary of
the symptoms of Shy-Drager/Multiple System Atrophy please
see http://www.parkinson.org/atrophy.htm

Our initial goal was to raise at least $500 in honor of our 500th
member.  We're excited to announce that this goal has already been
reached and exceeded through the generous pledges of several of
our members. One member has personally pledged an amount of $500
and another an amount of $100. Several other pledges of $10 bring
our starting total to $650!  Who knows how high we'll go?!
We encourage everyone who receives this message to forward to
your friends, relatives and colleagues.  We can all make a difference!

Here are the steps to follow:

1.  If you are able, we are asking that you write back to the volunteer who
is sending you this message and pledge a donation to Shy-Drager/MSA.
Your individual pledge will be kept confidential and we will add it to our
tally and announce the final total raised in a few weeks.

2.  Below is a list of suggested charities to direct your donation.  Please
select one or more and send your check directly to their address.  To ensure your
donation is used specifically for Shy-Drager/Multiple System Atrophy
research or support you may wish to enclose a note with your donation and indicate
your wishes for its use.

If your favourite Shy-Drager/MSA charity is not on this list feel free to
donate to them and drop us a note to let us know.

Together we can make a difference!

Thank you from everyone on the ShyDrager/MSA email support group.

----------

AUSTRALIA

Parkinson's Australia Inc
c/o- Parkinson's New South Wales Inc
Concord Hospital,
Bld 64, Hospital Road
Concord, New South Wales, 2139
http://www.parkinsons.org.au/

CANADA

Parkinson Society Canada
4211 Yonge Street, Suite 316
Toronto, Ontario M2P 2A9
http://www.parkinson.ca/donating/donating.html

UNITED KINGDOM

Sarah Matheson Trust
Neurovascular Medicine Unit  (Pickering Unit)
St. Mary's Hospital
Praed Street
London
W2 1NY
http://glaxocentre.merseyside.org/msa2.html

Adrienne Coles Memorial Trust
c/o New Information Paradigms
Manhattan House
140 High Street
Crowthorne
Berkshire
RG45 7AY
http://www.coles.org.uk/about.htm

Parkinson's Disease Society
215 Vauxhall Bridge Road
LONDON SWIV IEJ
http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/

UNITED STATES

Vanderbilt Shy-Drager Research Fund
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
AA-3228 Medical Center North
Nashville, TN 37232-2195
http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/gcrc/adc/sdfund.html

National Dysautonomia Research Foundation
PO Box 211153
Eagan, MN  55121-2553
http://www.ndrf.org/contributions.htm

Mayo Foundation
Development Department
200 First Street, SW
Rochester, MN 55905
http://www.mayo.edu/develop/give.html

SDS/MSA Support Group Inc.
2004 Howard Lane
Austin, TX. 78728
http://www.shy-drager.com/
(501(c) tax status pending)

National Ataxia Foundation
2600 Fernbrook Lane, Suite 119
Minneapolis, MN 55447
http://www.ataxia.org

National Parkinson Foundation, Inc.
Development Department
c/o Marc Lichtman or Lois Heffernan
1501 N.W. 9th Avenue
Miami, Florida 33136-1494
http://www.parkinson.org/helpnpf.htm

National Organization for Rare Disorders, Inc.
P.O. Box 8923
New Fairfield, CT 06812-8923
http://www.rarediseases.org

Michael J. Fox Foundation For Parkinson's Research
Grand Central Station
Post Office Box #4777
New York, NY 10163
http://www.michaeljfox.org/flash/donations.html