Ivan asked the following---

>Camilla,
>
>Can he go home?

He should not, as I can't care for him properly now, and he moved because
he then realized it was damaging my health  which is the thing he has
feared for years.

 >Can you qualify for
>homecare workers to come in and give
>you some rest?

I have had some outside help. The Home Agencies charge at least 20. per
hour, and private help though cheaper (10.) is hard to find. Our insurance,
which he wanted, covers only the care in a skilled nursing facility.

 I am so grateful to be
>home-- and have gained back the 27 pounds
>I had lost this past winter. I am
>hoping to continue to be  well.
>
>I had some terrifying moments
>when psychiatrists tried to
>hospitalize me in a psych ward,
>after I refused to take Seroquel...
>Three of them grilled me (interviewed
>me ) simultaneously- it was awful.
>
>I only can pray for both of you, that Peter does
>not lose his mind in the hospital.

I am happy that it worked out for you.   Several CGs have told me their
PWPs were able to return either to home or to a care facility once meds
were straightened out in hospital.  I'm hoping that will happen for Peter
also.  I saw him today, and he had not eaten for 2 days, nor taken any
meds, but he did let me give him some, thank goodness.  He was to have a
chest, Xray (checking for aspiration) a swallow test, and a CAT scan of his
brain.  I am to have a conference with the staff neuro Monday AM< and his
own neuro will fax his records there.  It is heartbreaking to leave him,
but at this point, with the dementia, I  have no choice.
Thanks for your prayers, and those of all our other friends on PIEN and CARE.

>Ivan
>:-)

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

          on the web at   http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/index.html
                   and also at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

          And visit the CARE webring at http://www.pdcaregiver.org

                              "In all beginnings, endings lie enfolded,
                                     implicit and invisible as roots."

                                         from: "Leaving the Garden"--CHF