Jack,
  I tried Parlodel years back and had a truly lousy experience. I could only
tolerate it for 2 days. If I were in your shoes (and I kind of have been)
I'd at least talk by phone with my MD. It sounds to me that you are not in
an introductory phase of adjusting to this drug but then what do I know?
Actually quite a bit when it comes to PD and medications; having tried most
of them at one time or another. I understand the controversy regarding the
use of sinemet at an early stage of PD but why not think, with your MD,
about a low dose of Sinemet, say a tab of 10/100 @ 2 a day. And don't
neglect the need for quality relationships,lots of exercise, good food, fun
at work and play and new experiences.

    Good luck
         george

At 03:52 PM 5/20/01 -0400, you wrote:
>This is a follow up to my introductory post a couple of days ago seeking
>information about Parlodel (Bromocriptine).
>
>I am on the 6th day of my beginning medication. The question is, how bad
>does it get before it gets better? Since I started the medication I have
>lost my appetite, I have lost my energy, my tremors seem to have increased
>a bit and I feel lethargic, requiring 10 hrs sleep and an afternoon nap.
>
>Is this the normal bodily adjustment response to the medication or do I
>need to talk to the doctor. My dosages are supposed to increase over a 6
>week period before I am due to go back. If I am already having problems
>what can I expect with larger dosages?
>
>Any advice is appreciated.
>-jack-

Editor of the GOOD TIMES NEWSLETTER, A home grown product that stands for
the notion that Parkinsons is not a sentence but rather an opportunity.
[log in to unmask] http://www.ultranet.com/~glussier/

Coming to you from Acton, Massachusetts