Hi All,
I worry that far too much weight may be given to the media and
questionable Stem Cell "Headlines"....

For instance...

"Fat may yield useful stem cells"
The operative word is may.... My questions are... Have they isolated
stem cells from fat?  Have they submitted any peer reviewed papers?
Have peer reviewed papers been published?  Has anyone else been able
to use similar techniques to isolate stem cells from the same source?
If cells were isolated, do they have any potential for Parkinson's?
Was this story released to the press prematurely with a motive to obtain
financing?

"Biotech company says placentas offer great stem cell source"
Similar questions....

"Stem Cells Yield Promising Results"
In one of the studies, apparently functional heart tissue was
regenerated from the injected cells ...(from adult bone marrow)
Similar questions.....

I worry that opponents of embryonic stem cell research will cite
these or similar "media headlines" with adult cells to support their
position.

I worry that politicians will also see similar "media headlines" with
adult cells as justification for banning embryonic stem cell
research.

I worry that Joan Samuelson's words will not be heard.

How can we ensure that they will be heard?

I believe it is time to write letters, to visit CAMR's site...

http://www.stemcellfunding.org/fastaction/default.asp

and scroll down to....  Your Letter

Please edit the following letter to reflect your personal reason for
supporting the federal funding of all forms of stem cell research.

An easy way to make a valuable contribution....

Cheers ..... murray