I can't exercise like other people. Everything I do has to be done in a short
duration. For example, I train my dogs and show in obedience. When I teach heel
I teach attention and walk only a couple of steps while the dog is watching my
face and walking along side me. When I compete I have to ask the judge to allow
me to catch my breath in between exercises. I am a type A personality I think. I
can't sit still for long and push myself in everything I do. Some say I
shouldn't push to the point of exhaustion. My doctor says I can push but I must
rest also. He also says most people with lungs as bad as mine are in bed on
oxygen. I believe the reason is because of the dog hobby. I used to work 7
nights a week delivering papers. I would get home at 5:00 and sleep until 8:00
and take care of Gordie, housework, fun stuff with the dogs etc and go to bed
about 6:00 to get up at 11:00 to go back to work. I ended up in the hospital
with every cold I caught. The winter of 2000 had me in the hospital 4 times from
December through February when I had to quit after 19 years of it. I found out I
am less apt to catch a cold now and don't end up in the hospital if I spend a
bit of time resting. So, I guess there is something to be said for not pushing
too much.

Gordie just took his first Comtan yesterday and said he did feel it was easier
to move around. Cross your fingers.

I believe in exercise and I guess my husband would consider me one of those
obnoxious people you speak of if he were of a mind to tell me. he usually just
keeps quiet.

Norma