Camilla,

My only experience with demenia is with what altzheimers has. I dont
know if it is any easier the early begging to leave after agreeing that
outside help is needed. It seems that no way is an easy road they all
are filled sometimes with guilt and the idea that you are wrong no
matter how much you tell your self that it is the only solution. I
wonder what used to happen in the past when a family member became to
unwilling or too violent to be at home any longer? It is good that your
family all agree and were privy to the decision to have Peter move to a
safer place for both of you. I have seen one family member be the one
who wont let go of the person no matter how much better it would be for
all. In a strong family unit one hopes that the decision can be
discussed and agreed upon or at least all be aware of a possible
decision later on. I think you know that my thoughts are with you and
your family in the hopes that your Peter will be in a better medical
situation very soon. It is so hard for a wife or anyone who is the main
person to have to watch a partner in pain. It is good that you are able
to find the strength inside that is needed to not only be there and
remain strong for him but mainly be strong for you..

My best to you,

Audrey