LOST CARDS
A few weeks ago someone, Sid Levin I think, suggested that
with "identity theft" getting more common, it's a good idea
to keep a list of your credit card account numbers, and
others that you will need to report if your wallet is
stolen. Here's a small refinement of that idea: I and many
others maintain such a list in a  PC file, but that too
is vulnerable to a burglar. So, Keep the PC file updated,
with the phone number for each card to report a loss or
theft, but leave a blank space for the account number,
print the file on a piece of paper and copy the number
on that by hand. That way, your account numers  won't  be
in the PC, and your name, address, and other info  won't
be on the printout. It's worked like a charm for me. If
copying all those digits is too much  of a chore, with a
bit of carbon paper you can copy the embossed  numbers,
then trace them with a pen for permanence.
Cheers,
Joe

--
J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694