"J. R. Bruman" wrote:

> CURRENT SCIENCE REVIEWS  By Joe Bruman   June 2001
> Last Gasp; With deepest regret I must announce that this shall
> be the last issue of Current Science Reviews. My encounter
> during the past 3 weeks with shingles and its medications has
> apparently worsened irreversibly the effects of PD on the
> range of my daily activities. Since the principal goal of all
> PD treatment is to maintain quality of life, I must sacrifice
> the CSRs for the higher priority of continued independence.
> I regret not only the loss to others, but also the pleasure
> I got from the archive by which I could trace the progression
> of various scientific developments in PD. It was fun while it
> lasted, and we had a long run. I hope to remain active in this
> PIE forum and to contribute from time to time.
> J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694
> 3527 Cody Road
> Sherman Oaks, CA 91403-5013

Dearest Joe,
As always, your CSR is informative, exciting, and invaluable to those
who need an encapsulated review of the latest research on PD.

As one who has benefited immeasurably over the years from the CSR, and
who has tried to pass the information on to others who might learn more
about PD and provide better care to PWP, please let me say that your
work has had both an immediate and a lasting effect on the world of
people who interact with those who have Parkinson's.

Without your work I would not have been stimulated to pursue so very
many areas outside of my own professional area, education, and
understanding. Without your regular contributions, I would not have been
inspired to learn more about other avenues of professional work and
research. Because of you, other health professionals have learned about
PD, its aspects, and ways to counteract its effects.

For those PIEN members who have not had the joy of meeting Joe in
person, let me add that he is just as fascinating, gentlemanly,
multifacted, and complex, in person as he is on the listserv.

Joe, I salute you and the CSR reviews. I continue to refer to them
regularly, and remember you whenever I do. God bless you and your work!

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Constipation and Parkinson's" --  audiocassette & guidebook
"Guidelines for Medical Nutrition Therapy for Parkinson's
disease" & Risk Assessment Tools
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson's
disease," J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/