-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Hilary Blue
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 4:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: To March or not to March...

Charlotte, I think you are absolutely correct in your timing of when to
march -
BUT now is the time to start getting organized.  These things take a lot of
organizing and planning ahead. They dont just happen spontaneously even if
they
seem to! The police have to be prepared, and there are such things as
licences
and  so on.  Plans began in January  for Awareness Day 2002. So even from
now to
September barely gives us enough time!

hilary blue

Charlotte Mancuso wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been wanting to do a wagon circling every year since '98.  I see the
> danger of having a march and/or demonstration and suffering the unintended
> consequences: we don't have enough people, and so our message doesn't get
> out, but it's an opportunity for the opposition to get their message out,
> etc. etc.  But how long are we going to sit idly by and not express our
> outrage for ourselves and others.  How did other groups get to express
their
> rage and get what they wanted? They marched in numbers.  We are not
organized
> at this moment, but I assert that this is not the moment.  The decision
will
> not be made, as I understand it, until the end of the summer.  We could
> organize and prepare to march, if we get a negative ruling.  For once
we'll
> be ready to roll when needed.  It's a thought.  What do you think?
>
> Charlotte Mancuso

mailto:[log in to unmask]