Dear Katherine & listfriends,
On this subject, I was at my dentist's yesterday and was told that they had
just returned from a seminar.  They were told that one should "dry brush"
(no water, no toothpaste) heavy plaque areas such as behind the front
teeth-top & bottom.  then proceed with
your regular brushing routine.  As for flossing, they said a waterpik
is good for people like me who have difficulty flossing.  I plan to
try both and see if the hygienist notices six months from now.
Sue