SULFNBK.EXE -  I  FOUND THIS ON MY PC AS WELL!!

Take care

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: d t design [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 30 May 2001 16:27
To: Tony Leather
Subject: VIRUS

URGENT URGENT URGENT

I HAVE JUST BEEN SENT THE FOLLOWING E-MAIL FROM A CUSTOMER - PLEASE ACT NOW
AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

REGARDS,

DAVE THOMLINSON.

Dear Everyone in my Address Book!

THIS IS A SERIOUS MESSAGE - I HAVE JUST FOUND A DORMANT VIRUS APPLICATION ON
MY COMPUTER AND REMOVED IT .....  PLEASE READ BELOW

Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 11:14 AM
Subject: VIRUS WARNING - JUNE 1st DEADLINE

Hey Folks,
I received this message from one of email readers I followed the directions
and found I had this virus.  Please check your computer TODAY after June 1st
it will be too late.
Linda

Virus software can not detect it. It will not become
active until June 1, 2001, at that point it will
become active and will be too late. It wipes out
all files and folders on the hard drive. This virus
travels through e-mail and migrates to the
C:\windows\command folder. To find it and delete it
off your computer, do the following:

Go to the START button.
Go to FIND or SEARCH
Go to FILES & FOLDERS
Make sure the find box is searching the C drive.
Type in: SULFNBK.EXE
Begin search.
If it finds it, highlight it, DELETE it.
Close the find dialog box.
open the Recycle Bin.
Find the file and delete it from the Recycle bin.
You should be safe.

The bad part is: You need to contact everyone you
have sent ANY e-mail to in the past few months. I do not
know how long this has been on our computers.

DO NOT RELY ON YOUR ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE. McAFEE NOR NORTON CAN DETECT IT
BECAUSE IT DOES NOT BECOME A VIRUS UNTIL JUNE 1ST. IT WILL BE TO LATE THEN.
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT OPEN THE FILE!!!

sorry if you have received this email more than once as you may be in my
address book more than once.

DT