 Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        rainshowers   66  deg. F
:-)
Dear PIEN members,

   It never ends.  I have to prove all over again that
I need the 13 hours of each 24-hour day of home care
from state- paid personal care assistants (PCAs) .  The
Bureau of Elder and Adult Services (BEAS) wants to cut me to
5 hours again.

      I bet that if I were Mr. Ali, Ms. Reno, or Mr. Fox,
I would be immune from this repeated court-like hearing.
I feel like they are singling me out for unfair treatment.
I REALLY hate this.  I have better things to do.

     I  have to face anAssistant Attorney-General, questioning me again ,
under oath, at 10:30 AM tomorrow.

      The BEAS also  have sent papers of their plan to reassess my  daily
PCA needs
at the end of July AG A I N .  That's three times in 9 months.
And if they try to cut me to 5 hours  per day, I have to
appeal again.

       This is draining me, and makes it very,   very hard to
attract and retain PCA's.

      It makes me discouraged  and exhausted to wage this seemingly
unstoppable battle. Why don't they understand
that I am going though a huge amount of anguish
as it is, and DON'T need this piled on top of everything!

Ivan Suzman
16th - year PWP
:-)