At 09:42 2001/06/07 -0400, Camilla Flintermann wrote:
>Dear friends,
> Please forgive my taking this quick and simple way to let you all know
>that Peter died very quietly last evening.  He had been "withdrawing"
>gradually for 2 days, but still knew all the family, and was in no pain.
>His gradual refusal of most nourishment was a natural process of "shutting
>down" which he had , as you know, deliberately chosen for himself.  Quality
>of life was very important to him, and he had no wish to survive any longer
>at 104 lbs., and barely able to communicate.
>Yesterday  I was with him both morning and afternoon, and our daughters
>also had been able to visit the nursing home. We all  are so glad that we
>had been able to bring him back to Oxford, so that it was possible for all
>the immediate family to spend time with him.  While Hospice was not working
>with him very long , they were very helpful.
>Peter enjoyed all the cards and messages you sent him, and I know felt
>loved and appreciated even by folks he never met--as I do also.  We will be
>planning a memorial service under the care of our local Quaker Meeting,
>later this month when I hope some family members from Pennsylvania can join
>us.
>Thank you all for your loving support during this past month.
>
>Camilla Flintermann
>Oxford,OH
>http://www.geocities.com/camillahf/
>
>                        "Life is eternal: love is immortal;
>                        and death is only a horizon;
>                        and a horizon is nothing
>                                        save the limit of our sight."
>                         ----Rossiter Worthington Raymond (1840-1918)

my dear camilla

i am so sorry for your loss

you and peter have made an invaluable contribution to the pd community
to mention only one aspect of the years you two shared

the horizon i now look at from my new home
is green and endless

i will think of peter when i look there

much love

janet

janet paterson: an akinetic rigid subtype, albeit perky, parky .
pd: 54/41/37 cd: 54/44/43 tel: 613 256 8340 email: [log in to unmask] .
snail mail: 375 Country Street, Apt 301, Almonte, Ontario, Canada, K0A 1A0 .