Hi all,

        On Thu, 31 May 2001, the digest contained:

        You  all know that when something "technical" comes up on-list
     -- no matter how off-topic it seems to be, I usually put my $0.02
     on  the  subject.   Not  to step on Murray's toes (I always enjoy
     reading his "technical" posts (and, yes Murray, they finally have
     a  Mac version of Opera! ;-) )) but I thought I would throw in my
     "$nickel.98" on this very important topic.

        Please,  Please,  PLEASE ... save one or more of the following
     URLs in your bookmarks.  And, if you get sent an  unsolicited  e-
     mail from someone who is making a claim that even remotely smells
     fishy, please check it out before forwarding it to  everyone  you
     know  and  every  mailing  list  you belong to.  Chances are, ...
     well, whatever -- here's my list of bookmarks on this topic:

> The AFU & Urban Legends Archive:
>     http://www.urbanlegends.com/
> Archive of Urban Legends, Myths and Netlore
>     http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/library/blbyolix.htm
> Break the Chain: Stop Junk E-Mail and Misinformation
>     http://www.breakthechain.org/
> CIAC Internet Hoaxes
>     hhttp://HoaxBusters.ciac.org/
> Guide to Hoaxes and Urban Legends -- Drew University
>     http://www.depts.drew.edu/pubrel/webmaster/guides/hoaxes/index.html
> The Hoaxkill service: Let's get rid of hoaxes now!
>     http://www.hoaxkill.com/index2.shtml
> Hoax Warnings
>     http://www.datafellows.com/news/hoax.htm
> Internet ScamBusters
>     http://www.scambusters.org/
> I swear it's all true! CNET's favorite Net hoaxes - Tech Trends - CNET.com
>     http://aolsvccomp.cnet.com/specialreports/0-6014-7-1427917.html
> McAfee - AVERT
>     http://vil.nai.com/VIL/hoaxes.asp
> Stiller Research Virus Hoax News
>     http://www.stiller.com/hoaxes.htm
> Symantec Security Updates - Hoax Page
>     http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html
> Trend Micro Hoax Encyclopedia, alerts
>     http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/hoaxes/hoax.asp
> Truth About Computer Virus Myths & Hoaxes
>     http://www.Vmyths.com/
> Urban Legends Reference Pages
>     http://www.snopes.com/
> Urban Myths, Legends, Folklore and Fairy ... ing water, Ericsson cell phones
>     http://www.urbanmyths.com/
> Virus Hoaxes, Urban Legends and Chain Letters
>     http://lostparadise.com/hoaxes.html

        Please  help save Internet bandwidth, help keep e-mail flowing
     freely, help your friends and neighbors in keeping  their  e-mail
     in-boxes from overflowing with junk, and become familiar with Ur-
     ban Myths, Legends, Folklore, Hoaxs, and Chain Letters.

        Well,  I'm  in  the process of trying to find 270+ e-mail mes-
     sages that Juno lost, working on a new course  to  teach  for  my
     company,  and getting ready to attend a concert tonight.  So, in-
     stead of one of my normal, mammoth posts, I'll leave it  at  this
     and  close with an old tag line:  May you always grok in fullness

Bill--
  ...who wants to know who stopped the payment on his reality check?
                                                                  ,--,
.. William A. Parrette ...... 7177 Heritage Drive ....+----  _ ___/ /\| -+
.. [log in to unmask] .............. Westchester ............|  ,;`( )42, )  ~  |
.. [log in to unmask] ......... OH 45069-4012 ..........| //  //---'--;    |
.. [log in to unmask] ..... 513/779-0780 ...........| '   \     | ^    |