Vancouver Sun - Saturday 2 June 2001
Love is in the air when Fox is home
Greg Douglas Vancouver Sun
SCENE & HEARD: Everything stopped - the music, the talking,
the eating - when Jackson Davies said: "Michael, I am so pleased
to be able to stand here and tell you how proud we are of you.
We really do love you!"

This was Thursday night under a huge tent on the grounds at the
Hart House on Deer Lake. Michael J. Fox had come home for an
overnight visit with his family and to acknowledge the golf
tournament that raises funds for the Michael J. Fox Theatre
in Burnaby.

"The RCMP used to get mad at me for putting my name on
buildings," he said. "Now I've got one of my very own. They
tell me the theatre needs a face-lift. That makes two of us. I'm
going to be 40 next week."

Courageously fighting Parkinson's disease, Fox spends most
of his time these days in a fund-raising mode of his own. He
and Davies go back to their acting days as kids when the two
starred in an early CBC television show called "Leo & Me."

When the 6'5" Davies embraced the 5'-something Fox, it was
one of those moments that remain frozen in your mind forever.

The tournament raised $30,000, thanks mostly to the tireless
efforts of Gary Morrey, Chad Turpin, George Kawaguchi
and Brenda Wallace.

http://www.vancouversun.com/newsite/sports/010602/5098727.html

MJF was here!  Yep, right here in Vancouver....

"Course he didn't drop by the house or nuthin'....

I was workin' anyway...  But there is a nice picture
in this morning's Province newspaper.

Bravo Michael!

*********