Hi Bill and All,
Thankyou Bill!
This is a VERY comprehensive resource....

On 2 Jun 2001, at 9:33, William A. Parrette wrote: (in part)

Please,  Please,  PLEASE ... save one or more of the following
URLs in your bookmarks.  And, if you get sent an unsolicited
e-mail from someone who is making a claim that even remotely
smells fishy, please check it out before forwarding it to everyone
you know and every mailing list you belong to.
Chances are, ... well, whatever -- here's my list of bookmarks on this topic:

The AFU & Urban Legends Archive:
http://www.urbanlegends.com/

Archive of Urban Legends, Myths and Netlore
http://urbanlegends.about.com/science/urbanlegends/library/blbyolix.htm

Break the Chain: Stop Junk E-Mail and Misinformation
http://www.breakthechain.org/

CIAC Internet Hoaxes
http://HoaxBusters.ciac.org/

Guide to Hoaxes and Urban Legends -- Drew University
http://www.depts.drew.edu/pubrel/webmaster/guides/hoaxes/index.html

The Hoaxkill service: Let's get rid of hoaxes now!
http://www.hoaxkill.com/index2.shtml

Hoax Warnings
http://www.datafellows.com/news/hoax.htm

Internet ScamBusters
http://www.scambusters.org/

I swear it's all true! CNET's favorite Net hoaxes - Tech Trends - CNET.com
http://aolsvccomp.cnet.com/specialreports/0-6014-7-1427917.html

McAfee - AVERT
http://vil.nai.com/VIL/hoaxes.asp

Stiller Research Virus Hoax News
http://www.stiller.com/hoaxes.htm

Symantec Security Updates - Hoax Page
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

Trend Micro Hoax Encyclopedia, alerts
http://www.antivirus.com/vinfo/hoaxes/hoax.asp

Truth About Computer Virus Myths & Hoaxes
http://www.Vmyths.com/

Urban Legends Reference Pages
http://www.snopes.com/

Urban Myths, Legends, Folklore, Fairy Tales, & Urban Mythsteries
http://www.urbanmyths.com/

Virus Hoaxes, Urban Legends and Chain Letters
http://lostparadise.com/hoaxes.html

SNIP

Bill, I will add one note.... (I looked at a few of these, 'n besides
hoaxes, some of these sites have Tips on E-Mail.... not to
mention other interesting reading....) Thanks again Bill....

Cheers .......... murray

********