Ivan, I can't agree more.  Altho I'm all for all PDs doing whatever they can
career wise, I think they have a responsibility to help explain what a horrid
disease this is and most likely will be for them.  When I was first diagnosed
a friend of my mother commented "At least it's not painful".  Ha Ha.  I'm no
sissy, I taught in inner city LA while on chemo, 20 yrs ago, and PD is much
worse.  It is a battle you can't win and it destroys your life (only my
opinion)  It is "rigor mortis" without benefit of death plus a bunch of other
ugly stuff, but I look like the picture of health, and people think it's not
so bad, there are meds (which don't work for me) and of course brain surgery
and that if I were a Christian Scientist I could cure myself or a Mormon, I
chose this before birth.  I don't want to be a heroine anymore as I was
considered when I "beat" ovarian CA.  I just want the truth to get out and
celebs and politicos could help.  Reno isn't bothered by her shaking, but
mine drives me nuts, it never stops.  Okay, enough whining.. . just tell it
like it is.