Mike wrote:
>I have been on sinemet 50/200 one a day and sin 25/100 3 a day for 4.5
years.
>Have had dyskinesia perty bad at times. About 2 months ago started
having
>cramps and real bad dyskinesia in my left leg and left foot which makes
me
>limp and kick my leg when I walk. This happens about 30 min. after any
>strenth of med. ( half 50/200 or half 25/100) If I am not on any meds.
it
>does not hurt or move. Anyone having these problems?  Would sin 10/100
or
>this new drug Pergolide help? Any suggestions?

>Thanks
>Mike Truluck
>Columbia, S.C.
>47-5-8

Mike,

It sounds like you are over medicated at times. Are you on Sinemet CR
(controlled release) or regular? CR would smooth the off/on/over
medicated cycle that you seem to be experiencing. Also, the addition of
Comtan might help. Pergolide has been around for a number of years and
it did help with my muscle spasms, but I developed unbearable side
effects. Pergolide is commonly prescribed often as a monotherapy early
in the disease. I'm on Mirapex now, but I have side effects from it also
to a lesser extent. You need to work with your neuro to find the
combination that works for you.

The agonists (e.g. Pergolide, Mirapex) are known to aggrevate mood
disorders and can cause drowsiness. This is highly variable from patient
to patient. The only thing that you can do is work with your neuro to
try it and see what happens.

Phil Gesotti 51/dx46