Hi Rayilyn,

  I think we all tend to wonder if the Sinemet is to blame
when we go through various symptoms.

My foot muscles and toe muscles can  definitely be dystonic,
 by which I mean curled  down , stiffened and inflexible
toes, while meanwhile the whole foot itself is twisting in and rotating
at the ankle. Sometimes the big toe goes up at the same time.

I saw Michael J. Fox massaging his toes through his loafer at
the PAN forum in June, 2000.  I wondered if he had toes bending
like I just described for myself.

For me, this dystonia in the foot and toes is not Sinemet,
 but is the underlying PD showing up, revealed when the medi-
cations wear off.  Only when I am low on dopamine does PD
rearing its ugly head.  Sinemet UNlocks  and relaxes my joints
and muscles, which otherwise pull and tug , painfully, if  I am either
unmedicated or undermedicated.

Too much Sinemet makes me hot, wobbly and sleepy, but does not
give me dystonia in my toes and feet.

Ivan

 Ivan Suzman        51/39/36       [log in to unmask]      :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses           deg. F   :-)