http://www.healthscout.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Af?ap=55&id=110943

                                         Music is Good Medicine
"Sometimes the best medicine  comes out of a  musical
instrument rather than a pill bottle. "

" Music can be  used therapeutically for people who suffer
communication or movement disorders. For example,
 music therapists often complement treatment for
neurological conditions, including brain injury, stroke
and Parkinson's and....."

"Studies have shown that music can affect moods and
enhance memories, reduce stress and anxiety and
improve concentration. ......"

 "When people are wired up to EEGs, the machines that
measure electrical patterns in the brain, and we play
classical music to them, we  find that they tend to produce
 a large number of alpha  waves. This particular type of
brain activity is  associated with a state of relaxed alertness."

"Music by Vivaldi and Mozart were the most relaxing. "

see :
http://www.healthscout.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Af?ap=55&id=110943
          for the complete article and hotlinks.