....GONE!!  I want to make this belated THANK YOU to whomever out there
recommended Detrol.   The recommendation was made for the urgency of
urination problem, which it cured, but it also fixed, as I hoped it would my
drooling, excess phlegm problem.  I had noted in the TV ads for it that dry
mouth was listed as a major side effect.  And enough of the effect has been
to dry up my over productive mouth.  But it ALSO had the unexpected benefit
of totally curing my choking/swallowing difficulties.  I had been really
depressed by this problem, wondering how bad it would get, concerned I would
be faced with accepting a feeding tube much sooner than I had imagined.  I
had been relegated to eating with very small pieces of food since October,
when I choked on some fish at a restaurant where we had taken my
mother-in-law for her birthday.  I choked on it and became unconscious from
lack of air.  Someone in the restaurant tried the Heimlich maneuver on me,
and managed only to break my rib.  I owe my life to some really competent
volunteer rescue squad people who got here with in 3 minutes.  I spent 5
days in the intensive care unit of a hospital, having aspirated a bunch of
fish and salad into my lungs.
    I have been able to take pills with just water and to drink liquids
without a straw for the fist time in over a year.
    So, a bleated THANKS to the person(s) who recommended Detrol - my
miracle drug.  Actually I have also been taking cranberry capsules, also
recommended by someone on the List for urinary problems, so it could
conceivably have been them.  I am going to stop them to make sure it is the
Detrol.  There is some logic in thinking cranberry might help - it does make
your mouth pucker when you drink it, so it stands to reason it might make
your pecker pucker too!

Bruce Anderson