rayiliyn,
when mjf annouced his pd, my reaction was very similar yours - also the fact
that money was no object to him - not that i begrudge him a penny of it - he
worked hard to earn it, but it does provide him with many creature comforts we
lesser mortals cant aspire to , including the best doctors and the best care and
treatment available.

But then i realized that i have had this disease a lot longer than he has (28
years).
That when i was at his stage of the disease i was running a home, bringing up 3
children, teaching piano part time, volunteering in the library, and caring for
a husband dying of cancer.
That, when i saw mjf at the forum last june., he was  a very sick man
and that, MOST IMPORTANT,  he has done an enormous amount to increase public
awareness of the disease, and has raised enormous sums of money for research.
 So I know where you are coming from, only too well. ANd I wish all these people
well, and hope they can continue working and being strong and able to say and do
supportive things for those of the rest of us like you and I, who just stand on
the sidelines and watch and listen, and throw in a comment now and again.

And as the public learns more about PD they will recognize that we cant all be
mjf or the senator,  but we all need the same cure!

Hilary Blue